Illana Leiser focuses upon estate administration, litigation, and matters involving complex financial issues and investigation.
As an attorney with a finance background, Illana Leiser approaches the practice of law from an analytical perspective. This can be especially useful in litigated estate and trust matters involving alleged fraud or mismanagement of assets.
Ms. Leiser transitioned into law after more than a decade in finance, during which time she worked at highly regarded firms, including Neuberger Berman and Federated Investors. She is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and Certified Financial Planner™ professional (CFP®). These designations require rigorous educational requirements, testing, proven experience, and a strict code of ethics. As an equity analyst, Ms. Leiser regularly examined financial statements of major corporations and honed her ability to identify potential trouble spots.
In addition to working with our firm, Ms. Leiser also maintains a separate law practice.
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D. (Silver Pro Bono Award; CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in the Civil Practice Workshop and Information Privacy Law)
- Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences of New York University, M.S. in Mathematics
- Pace University, B.A. in Mathematics (Graduated Cum Laude)
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Member, New York State Bar Association (Member of Trusts and Estates Law, Trial Lawyers, Elder Law and Special Needs, Young Lawyers, and Real Estate Sections)
- Member, American Bar Association (Member of Solo, Small Firm and General Practice, and Young Lawyers Divisions)
- Member, New York City Bar Association
Ms. Leiser believes in giving back to the community. She helps low-income New Yorkers by providing free legal assistance in matters pertaining to wills and estates through the Planning and Estates Law Project (PELP) of the New York City Bar Association.